Music Quarter – Enschede
Construction of the Wilminktheater and Poppodium Atak in a music theater building, part of the National Music Quarter. Earlier Music Center Enschede (Symphonic Concert Hall) and Twente Conservatory were built. Regular users of the music theater are: Podium Twente (replacing the obsolete Twentse Schouwburg), the National Travel Opera and Poppodium Atak. The building comprises a large theater / opera room with 1,000 seats and a pop / theater room with 180 seats or 400 standing places and a small pop room.
• design and realization of the complete theater technical installations, with special designs for the variable acoustics and the multiple-use orchestra pit (suitable for all opera forms)
• intensive collaboration with users.
Project phases: program of requirements, provisional and definitive design, specifications, tendering and awarding, management and supervision, delivery, aftercare.
High level of ambition, both as receiving and as production theater of a large city. This means, among other things, that all traveling theater and music productions (large, medium, small) are offered an optimal stage.
- ClientCity of Enschede
- ArchitectEctor Hoogstad Architecten, Rotterdam
- Project duration2004 - 2009
- Gross Floor Area18.000 m2
- Main hall 1.000 seats
- Small hall180 seats (retractable) / 400 standees
- Total Building Costs€ 45 million excl. VAT
- Theatre Installations€ 5,1 million excl. VAT