Energiehuis – Dordrecht
Conversion of a former electrical power plant into multi-auditorium performing arts and rehearsal venue.
Our Scope of Work
- Programme of Requirements for theatre design & technology and acoustics
- Design, technical specification, tendering, supervision over construction and commissioning of all technical theatre installations, equipment, acoustics etc. for the 5 auditoria and practice rooms
- Integration of theatre planning, acoustic requirements etc. in the architectural design.
Projectfasen: programma van eisen, voorlopig en definitief ontwerp, bestek, aanbesteding en gunning, directievoering en toezicht, oplevering, nazorg.
Awards Winner of ‘Golden Phoenix 2014’ (carefully and creatively designed theatre technology)
Public Price of ‘BNA Best Building of the year 2014’ (BNA is the Dutch Association of Architects)
Characteristics: Grade 2 Listed Building (Rijksmonument)
- ClientCity of Dordrecht
- ArchitectTenBrasWestinga architecten
- Project duration2008 - 2013
- Gross Floor Area14.400 m2
- Main hall large pop hall; 800 standees
- Small hallsmall pop hall; 300 standees
- Total Building Costs€ 40 million, excl. VAT
- Theatre Installations€ 4.8 million, excl. VAT